Chat Room

Illusions By The Grace Of God

Sunday, May 16, 2010.
                            Illusions By The Grace Of God



Of Ducks and Rabbits…


Don’t get angry on me today… I know this illusion is nothing spectacular, but it’s still regular, and has that old-school smell. What do you see in the picture on your right? Is it a dead duck (lying one for animal lovers), or a hiding rabbit? I dunno, but what I know is that we had three versions of this very same illusion already. First one was more than simple, then came the second (enhanced) version, and finally – there was this photoshop contest, where authors created Modern Reflections of Some Old School optical illusions.rabbit duck optical illusion

If you ask me, I sill think Frog or a Horse wins it. Anyway, I found this rubber toy floating around the internet, and if you take a closer look, you’ll see it’s some sort of real-life replica of today’s illusion. Sit the toy in one position, you get a duck, slant it to the right, you get a rabbit. How do they expect us play with it, when we don’t even know what it is!! *Shigh…


Rabbit Duck Optical Illusion 2



Dinteville by Istvan Orovitz


The picture shown below was created by the Hungarian artist István Orosz. As we noted in one of our previous posts, Istvan has a great interest in anamorphic designs. If you know how to look, you can even see an anamorphic motive hidden inside this picture. Instead of looking directly at the screen, try and move your head around towards the left hand side of your computer monitor (as you look at it), so that you are looking across the screen, you should see the head and shoulders of a man – I have made a skewedversion to ease your life, and placed it on the right. The hidden persona’s name is Jean de Dinteville. If you wonder who Jean de Dinteville is, and what he is doing here, I recommend you follow this link.

Dinterville Istvan Orovitz Anamorphosis Optical Illusion



Anamorphic Portrait Optical Illusion


Suzanne Daly contacted me with an impressive collection of anamorphic drawings. Most of them we already had showcased on this site, but there were few interesting ones I’ve never encountered before. One of them I’ll feature today. Can you help me by recognizing the portrait reflecting on the metal cylinder? The interesting thing about such hidden portraits, if the author is professional enough, you can’t distinguish them just by looking at the original canvas. Only after placing the reflective object (metal cylinder in this case) at the proper spot, the hidden image occurs. Back in the old days this was very popular method toinclude forbidden motives, that normally wouldn’t be accepted. Expect more similar examples in days to come… off course, if you approve these as regular optical illusions.

Anamorphic Portrait Optical Illusion





















Houston, We Have a Problem


Astronauts Skull IllusionA decade ago, back when I was a kid, I used to play thiscomputer game – just a sec – … was it Warcraft II, Civilization maybe? Can’t be to sure about it, but what I remember is that there was a character who kept yellingThe end is near! – in sort of dramatical way. Dunno what the connection was, but I remember the atmospherewhich reminds me greatly of today’s post.
I almost forgot there was a Skull category on this site (strange things happening with my memory lately). Year ago I promised we had enough of these, but I think its about time we ditch that decision.
Check out the “Earthrise” photo on your right. The original was taken on the Moon surface, and shows two astronauts with Earth in their back. But check again! Is there something disturbing about it? Do you see a skull of some sort? It can’t be human! What is it then? If you had an opportunity to see this illusion through one of ourwidgets first (Optical Illusion of The Day), you probably have seen the illusion instantaneously!

Comentários:

Post a Comment

Like box

 
Top Amazing Photo Galleries © Copyright 2010 | Design By Moiz Sheikh |